You can look at the transmission and clutch as your vehicles running gear, and it is this which converts your engine’s power to something which can drive the wheels. It comes in two varieties, there is auto-transmission where all you have is your gas pedal and your brake pedal. This can be ideal if you are stuck in traffic around San Diego because you aren’t continually changing gear.
A stick shift, on the other hand, is much more fun to drive, and many motorists love this way of driving. Both types though at some point in time can need clutch auto repair, and when it is time, there are a few signs or symptoms you can encounter which are listed here:
- The clutch slips when towing or going uphill
- Your vehicle shudders while you’re driving at any speed
- A burning smell emanates from under the hood
- A stick shift can be hard to move into, or out of gear
- Transmission fluids look and smell funny